project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Feature request: Cycle through targets  (Read 2812 times)

Bravo

Feature request: Cycle through targets
« on: April 23, 2007, 12:18:58 am »
Might as well make my first post here a post asking for something  8)

There is a cycle to view the next (seen) alien.  Could you please add a feature to view the next alien in the line of sight of the currently selected soldiers weapon?

It can be a right bugger seeing if you have a line of sight on an alien, especially if it is on another floor.

If this feature is already in, I have missed how to do it, so please illuminate me, thanks :)

-------

Also, in the confirm mode thingamajig....

I was trying to tilt the camera and I pressed 'e' by accident (easy enough mistake to make) and it ended my turn without so much as a 'by your leave'.  Can the confirm mode have that included in the stuff to be confirmed please?

--------

While I am on a roll (sick of me yet?)...

When clicking to sell stuff, can we have it so that if you keep the mouse button pressed, it still adds to the amount? (bit of a sod to have to press the button 20 times to sell 20 things), failing that, a 'sell all' button next to each item would be good.

It would also be better if there was a total confirm on the selling of stuff....

If, for example, you are trying to raise 'x' amount of cash to build a certain structure or whatever, then you could do a bit of fiddling, finding out along the way how much your sale would raise, then hit the confirm button at the end.

----------

Some models coming up in the next few days ;)

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 04:39:19 pm »
[1] cycle target for current. i agree this would be a nice feature. i have got into using v for this sort of thing.

the system you suggest might cause problems if relied on two heavily. for example, a soldier can kill an alien that he/she can't actually see with a grenade.

[2] e. oops, sounds like a good suggestion.

[3] i think the devs are working hard on this issue now. (selling more stuff quicker etc).

Wanderer

Re: Feature request: Cycle through targets
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 05:42:06 pm »
Quote from: "Bravo"
Might as well make my first post here a post asking for something  8)

There is a cycle to view the next (seen) alien.  Could you please add a feature to view the next alien in the line of sight of the currently selected soldiers weapon?

It can be a right bugger seeing if you have a line of sight on an alien, especially if it is on another floor.

If this feature is already in, I have missed how to do it, so please illuminate me, thanks :)

There's always the space bar...  Let's you cycle through aliens to find them.  and/or clicking the # in the upper right.

Bravo

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:25:00 pm »
Hi wanderer, yes I know about that, what I meant was that you can see them but you have to go through a bit of a rigmarole to shoot at them.

In answer to blondelady about the grenades...yes I meant for just 'line of fire' weapons (I should have made that a bit clearer, sorry)

Thanks for your responses guys :)

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 09:30:14 am »
who is blondelady? .... :?

Alex

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 10:45:19 am »
:P

Bravo