project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Ver 2.1 crashes when saving - is there a log I can look in?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline smalul

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Ver 2.1 crashes when saving - is there a log I can look in?
« on: April 19, 2007, 07:15:02 pm »
OK, first of all - this is a great game, and I've been playing in for a few days now.

The problem is that from time to time, when I try to save the game, the game crashes. So far I've just added a picture of the crash, showing the error itself, but nothing more. Here is the bug report:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1703181&group_id=157793&atid=805242

With the other bugs I've reported, I've been able to add more info (a saved game, a console line and so on), but with this bug I can't even add a saved game (the crash appears randomly, and the "save slot" doesn't get written at all), and I feel a picture of the crash itself just isn't enough. Therefore, I'm asking here - is there more info I can add to the bug report to help locate and solve the problem? Maybe a log or something like that? I've searched all the files, but I didn't find any (the ufoconsole.log has nothing related to the crash).

Also, the ModName in this game saving crash message is msvcrt.dll, which is a part of Windows XP (SP1 in my case). Is it possible that the problem is just local, and if so - what can I do about it?

Thank you.

Offline NCrawler

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Ver 2.1 crashes when saving - is there a log I can look in?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 11:41:39 pm »
Msvcrt.dll is a Microsoft C runtime library.  Check what version of the library you have and upgrade to the latest version.

NC