project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Crash on old nvidia board  (Read 2325 times)

IAX

Crash on old nvidia board
« on: April 15, 2007, 11:17:37 pm »
Hi,

congrats on a nice start.

I'm using Xubuntu Feisty up-to-date beta, and I only have the placeholder texts available - reinstalling or forcing 'en' as the locale has not helped so far.

But the real bug for me is: Every time I exit the game, it crashes and fails to restore desktop resolution. I can set it back by using Xubuntu desktop prefs.

Terminal message:
Code: [Select]
Save user settings to /home/oem/.ufoai/base/config.cfg
SDL audio device shut down.
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request: 135li
  Minor opcode of failed request: 10
  Serial number of failed request: 1172i
recursive shutdown
./ufoai/ufoai: line 124: 18323 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./${GAME_BINARY} ${CMD_ARGS} "$@"

I have old GeForce 400, only legacy nvidia drivers available for this model. Still the game runs very smoothly.

Is this a xserver/distro specific bug?

IAX

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 12:03:36 am »
Do you try to quit typing /quit in console or do you try to quit pressing Exit in game menu? If the second, can you try to open up the console and type /quit - does that "fixed" your problem? Is this possible to get backtrace from your segfault?

IAX

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:47:17 pm »
Do you try to quit typing /quit in console or do you try to quit pressing Exit in game menu? If the second, can you try to open up the console and type /quit - does that "fixed" your problem?

Exit via console has the same result.

Backtrace is here - are the release binaries stripped? So this may not be useful to you.
Code: [Select]
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0xb340bc23 in ?? ()
#1  <signal handler called>
#2  0xb7bc115e in getenv () from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
#3  0xb7f5a56f in _fini () from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
#4  0xb7fe2ff4 in ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
#5  0xb7fd69ee in ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
#6  0xb7fe32e0 in _rtld_global () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

IAX

canahari

Re: Crash on old nvidia board
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 09:03:16 pm »
Quote from: "IAX"
I'm using Xubuntu Feisty up-to-date beta, and I only have the placeholder texts available - reinstalling or forcing 'en' as the locale has not helped so far.

To solve this, try to modify ~/.ufoai/base/config.cfg  (set the s_language to "en"). Hope it will help you.