project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Scrollable windows don't have arrows, bug or feature?  (Read 2262 times)

Wanderer

Scrollable windows don't have arrows, bug or feature?
« on: April 16, 2007, 05:44:57 pm »
Windows game, trying to determine if it's on purpose that I can't see past the first 19 soldiers I'm supposed to be able to hire once more are delivered by other countries.

I read that you should be able to Middle Mouse wheel scroll down the list to see more, but I cannot.  If this is supposed to be like this Feature request for allowing scrollability.  If it's not, can we add in some arrows like the rest of the scroll screens?

Also, in the buy/sell equipment screen, you can list more items then you can see.  I cannot scroll via mid-mouse scroll there, either.  Some arrows here would be nice too.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 06:10:48 pm »
If you are playing on a hard level  there may not be any more candidates to hire as soldiers. That pane does mouswheel scroll for me (on windows xp). when i played on easy I got plenty of candidates, but didn't get enough on normal (I got xeno-spanked).

Zenerka said here

http://ufoai.ninex.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1277

that scrolling will be implemented on the equipment screen

Wanderer

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 06:38:58 pm »
Quote from: "blondandy"
If you are playing on a hard level  there may not be any more candidates to hire as soldiers.

Thank you.  I'm aware of the shortened start, I'm more sure that it's not scrolling for me later in the game when I get 7 soldiers knocked off on a mission and immediately have replacements hireable, and I haven't hit month end.  They're there, just can't get to 'em.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 08:22:13 pm »
Quote from: "blondandy"
Zenerka said here

http://ufoai.ninex.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1277

that scrolling will be implemented on the equipment screen

Yeah, altough it is task for future versions. :)
We just need to rewrite equip menu and equipment/assigning relations from the scratch. It will be a lot of work, but it is only way to improve on this field and fix tons of bugs here. And we know how time-consuming it will be. And we really lack of coders. And...