project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: How to capture an alien  (Read 4852 times)

haenkie

How to capture an alien
« on: April 11, 2007, 04:21:34 pm »
Alas I am not familiar with X-COM and I have searched and searched and cant find the answer tot his. i just keep on killing all the aliens, and my alien tank remains empty. How can i capture one or his craft for that matter.

How do i do this?

Offline Voller

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
How to capture an alien
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 04:28:10 pm »
At some point you can research some sort of stun rod. If you use that one on the battlefield, you can catch yourself a nice fresh live alien.

haenkie

How to capture an alien
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:17:39 pm »
Is that the only way?

Then i need to speed up my stun rod research ( i cant even see it as researchable right now but hey i want one :D)

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
How to capture an alien
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:32:30 pm »
I believe that in the future versions, when we incorporate knockdown effect for heavy injuries, one will be able to capture such heavily injured alien alive.

For now one needs to use stun rod at the beginning to stun aliens and capture them alive.

Glaucus

How to capture an alien
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 06:35:19 am »
It would be cool if you were able to capture panicked aliens as well as heavily injured ones.

Offline diskord

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
How to capture an alien
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 09:10:07 am »
You can also research gas grenades and use those to capture aliens as well. That way you don't have to run up next to them to stung them, but instead can lob grenades (or use your grenade launcher) to knockout and capture aliens.

edgarinventor

Re: How to capture an alien
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 11:01:20 pm »
Hello, I'm new here, and what I would like to know is WHY the stun rod won't fit on the backpack. The backpack area goes green, but it won't FIT! ???

Agrajag

Re: How to capture an alien
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 05:45:29 pm »
There's some kind of scaling and grab point problem in 2.1.1 (you got 2.1.1 right?) - the stun rod image is one square lower than it should be, making it difficult to place...