project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: template of equipment, inventory and few comments  (Read 2010 times)

Moredeth

template of equipment, inventory and few comments
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:33:02 am »
hi

i played few games over the week-end, and the most painfull thing for me was to re-equip all my new soldiers with always the same set of equipment.

I mean it would be fantastic to have a template (e.g. sniper), which when used by default equip the soldier as you did when you save it (e.g. precision rifle, pistol in backpack, 4 grenades in belt, and amo for rifle everywhere else).

Also i was wondering why the items are not stacked in the inventory of the base, this would most probably remove the problem of the scrolling to get to the next page and would allow you to have a better estimate of number of a specific item (e.g. grenades)

Now on one map i was surprised by the AI: the dam.
It is probably the easiest defendable situation, with one bridge leading to the other side, and honestly i was expecting that most aliens would be in reaction fire toward the bridge, instead they were waiting in one far away house to be killed by grenades-blast... disapointing, because the map was very promising.

On map I also want to underline that many are gorgeous (i mean in term of originality and fun to explore).

Another point is the track followed by your unit, i loved the feature of jaged alliance and i think x-com, where you would see the footstep of the futur path the unit would take, this avoid things strange to happen, like you expect your unit to go way A and it choose way B because you didn't notice that soldier 2 was blocking way A.

else i have to admit that i'm enjoying the game greatly and i'm trying to help with the french translation, because that's the only place where i can give a hand.

keep going.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: template of equipment, inventory and few comments
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:29:25 pm »
Quote from: "Moredeth"
I mean it would be fantastic to have a template (e.g. sniper), which when used by default equip the soldier as you did when you save it (e.g. precision rifle, pistol in backpack, 4 grenades in belt, and amo for rifle everywhere else).

Please go to our sf tracker, feature requests, and fill a new feature request. Maybe just add a comment about it in the feature request describing 'user profiles' (one of the newest requests).

Quote from: "Moredeth"
Another point is the track followed by your unit, i loved the feature of jaged alliance and i think x-com, where you would see the footstep of the futur path the unit would take, this avoid things strange to happen, like you expect your unit to go way A and it choose way B because you didn't notice that soldier 2 was blocking way A.

Game options, Confirm Action/Confirm Movement.

Moredeth

template of equipment, inventory and few comments
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:42:47 am »
mea culpa...
 :oops:

(feel stupid but guess it's ok, sorry for useless post about footsteps)