project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: rearraging the team  (Read 3001 times)

Offline kuertee

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
rearraging the team
« on: April 22, 2007, 04:07:25 pm »
just found out about this game - and i gotta tip my hat to the developers.

anyway...just one question:

is there a way to "rearrange" your team line-up? i like putting my skill-type together for ease of readying.

Eemeli

rearraging the team
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 12:01:43 pm »
Ah, I'd love that feature too. It's quite annoying i.e. to have your snipers as the team numbers 4 and 8 as it would be a lot more simple to have them as 7 and 8.

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
rearraging the team
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 02:14:38 pm »
Not with current team assigning code (which is completely mess and will be rewritten sooner or later), but that is very nice idea which will be implemented for sure.

Offline blondandy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
rearraging the team
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 09:18:38 am »
Zenerka,

when this code gets rewritten, how hard will it be to allow more than 8 actors per team?

if its just a question of the number of keys, you could easily go up to 10 by using 9 and 0 too. perhaps add another 10 by having [shift]-1 selecting soldier number 11 etc.

anyway, what are the chances of getting a bigger squad to play with?

I think that in UFO:EU you could have 14 soldiers in a big elerium-powered troop transporting plane, and I always enjoyed the big missions. [comes over misty-eyed] great days...

Offline Zenerka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
rearraging the team
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:21:29 am »
Basicaly even the current code allows more than 8 actors per team. The problem would be in HUD - buttons and layout rearranging, etc.