project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bringing back the Horror  (Read 9064 times)

cyb3rj

Bringing back the Horror
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 03:32:08 pm »
I came to the forums looking for a topic just like this!  I want to add my vote for destructible terrain.  I miss that.  I had an enjoyable strategy in the old game of blowing throw walls to get what I wanted... hey, man... they aliens would.

Destructible terrain is what I want to see most.  That was just too fun.

Otherwise... I REALLY like this.  I am enjoying myself immensely with this game.

vvb

Bringing back the Horror
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 03:39:25 pm »
Quote from: "cyb3rj"
I want to add my vote for destructible terrain.  I miss that.  I had an enjoyable strategy in the old game of blowing throw walls to get what I wanted... hey, man... they aliens would.

Hey, man! After your 'missions' there are no place to live for poor people! ;-)

It's obvious that destructive actions must be punished!
 If you ruin down the house, you should pay for it. It's my opinion.

cyb3rj

Bringing back the Horror
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 09:19:41 pm »
Quote from: "vvb"
Quote from: "cyb3rj"
I want to add my vote for destructible terrain.  I miss that.  I had an enjoyable strategy in the old game of blowing throw walls to get what I wanted... hey, man... they aliens would.

Hey, man! After your 'missions' there are no place to live for poor people! ;-)

It's obvious that destructive actions must be punished!
 If you ruin down the house, you should pay for it. It's my opinion.

That's what XCOM: Apocalypse did.  There was a property damage penalty at the end of every mission.  That would make sense.  But ... sometimes... that fence has gotta go to get the alien.  Burning down the barn, while exposing the aliens within, *might* be a tad excessive.  Maybe... possibly.