project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Short suggestion list  (Read 3168 times)

MNONE

Short suggestion list
« on: December 31, 2006, 03:26:44 pm »
First: Perhaps allow soldiers to 'see' 360 degrees around them for 2/3 squares (perhaps in a diamond pattern), so long as they can't 'see' through walls.

I'll explain why: I'm not sure how many people get this problem too, but I occasionally end up with aliens sneaking up behind a soldier of mine and shooting/stabbing them from a position neither that soldier nor any of the others can see. This means the camera doesn't 'jump' to see the alien and I don't know the trooper is dead until my turn comes round and their number is greyed out. That means almost 90% of the time I can't remember where the dead man or woman was or what weapon they were holding, since I don't really remmber them by which number they are associated with.
Not really a bug, but it's incredibly annoying.

Another suggestion might be to offer the humans a few more non-alien weapon options in the late game. As it is tachyon weapons, once researched, beat almost anything previously available. It'd be cool (in my mind at least) to have some kind of differntiation between the weapons commonly used by humans and aliens, partly representing humanity's attempt to find ways to counter the alien strengths.
(I've already addeda new weapon to the suggestions in the wiki that I thought might suit this line of thought.)

Well, that wasn't quite so short...

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Short suggestion list
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 04:56:49 pm »
yes, inabily to "see" alien 3 sqares away from soldier is realy strange, mayby adding "ears" - hearing radius to sldiers/aliens can partiry solve this problem - you cant see aliens throug wall, but you can hear them. Same when they coming agains you from behind.
Yes, certain abilities (high mind?) can reduce producing noise and increase hearing radius.

MNONE

Short suggestion list
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 09:59:10 pm »
Oh, also I remembered: the skill advance/promotion system needs to be cleaned up a bit. I'm playing through a second time; so far a team member managed to become a captain in a surprisingly short amount of time, whilst another trooper has made 29 kills in 23 missions and is still a Rookie whilst dealing huge amounts of damage each battle (he carries a flame thrower and is often, but not always, able to make one-shot kills)...

Offline Czert

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Short suggestion list
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 02:12:42 pm »
Quote from: "MNONE"
. I'm playing through a second time; so far a team member managed to become a captain in a surprisingly short amount of time, whilst another trooper has made 29 kills in 23 missions and is still a Rookie

To solve this isue I suggested fixed auto-promotion after e.q. 10,20,30 missions of after 10,20.. kills, and still have room for "field promoting" for  "deserving deeds" e.q. killing 10 aliens in one mission.

Nikron

Short suggestion list
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 08:05:08 pm »
1st post 2nd suggestion.

the people usually search that technology, what they need for (why should someone resarch something, what can be used for nothing?), so i think, they might search 1 for some kind of armors against takony 2 some kind of weps, what can hurt them (Nuclear bomb maybe)

MNONE

Short suggestion list
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 04:55:45 pm »
Yes, I think that's pretty much it - to me it seems like a logical progression for the story; the struggle to find weaknesses and offset the strengths of the aliens, rather than just scavenging their stuff.

Though at the time I was thinking more aesthetically - basically that it would 'look cool' if the humans had their own set of unique weapons (though I appreciate that means a bit of a pain for the moddelers and dev. teams).