project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Several bugs  (Read 2294 times)

dmantione

Several bugs
« on: January 06, 2007, 03:14:35 pm »
Hi,

I've been testing UFO-AI for a few days and while I'm very impressed, the game is too unstable for me to actively play. These are the problem I did encounter:

First problem:

I installed using the RPM's. One hopes the game works out of the box that way, but no. The RPMs put the game data in /usr/share/games/ufoai, but the "ufo" executable doesn't search there (confirmed by strace). I had to make symlinks in ~/.ufoai to get things working.

Second problem:

Translations are always searched relative to the current directory. The .mo files are never found this way.

Third problem:

Rendering errors. In several screens the geometry of some models isn't rendered correctly. This depends a bit on the weather or something, for example the dropship in the aircraft screen of the base view is usually rendered correctly, but after a short while it is sometimes rendered incorrectly.

Fourth problem:

After a short period of playing, the Geoscape is replaced by a white background. It doesn't come back anymore, restarting the game is necessary to fix this.

System:
P4 1800 MHz, 384 MB RAM
Linux kernel 2.6.13
Xorg 6.8
Radeon M7, Mesa 6.4.2 hardware accelerated DRI driver (*)
SuSE 9.2

* the DRI driver shipped with Xorg causes sound disruption problems with Ufo-AI, so I did an upgrade to the latest version.

ubequitz

Several bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 11:45:32 pm »
The 4th problem you mention is fixed in current development versions of the game.

The 3rd problem I've never seen before... can you provide a screenshot perhaps? It might possibly relate to the 4th problem.

The first two problems are likely packaging oversights (although they probably require some code fixes too).