project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Music Technical Assistance  (Read 4884 times)

Offline lostsoundz

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Music Technical Assistance
« on: April 05, 2017, 11:46:31 pm »
Hi

Apologies if this in the wrong section wasn't if here or technical assistance was the right place!

Im a big fan of the game and chose UFOAI for my university project to replace the sound and music for my creations.The original is great by the way but this for my course and to teach me how to work with game music and sound.I have managed to access the music and sound(sound is working fine)but i have some issues with music files as follows.
Crytsan tutorial music doesn't play.
Music will play during the game levels sometimes and seems quite random especially during Skirmish where it will play now and again.
Music hasn't played during the campaign level at all yet.
The music file CrystanIntro Sad will play but sometimes a random segment at the end appears but other times its fine.
Intro music is fine and end credits so im just trying to work out what im doing wrong.
I have checked the spelling and size of the files and they seem fine so i guess my question is are there any other reasons why an OGG file wouldn't play?
Or why it sometimes doesn't play during the game levels?

Sorry if this is drawn out question but any help would be much appreciated because i need to hand my work in soon and i really wanna
make a great musical version of the game!

Thank you or your time

Lostsoundz

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Music Technical Assistance
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 05:28:44 am »
Are you having this problem with the game as you got it or with your modifications? If you've made modifications what exactly did you do? When this happens are the any errors printed to the log? (Where to find the log — you might want to attach it here)

Also the usual: which game version, where did you got it from, which operating system, etc?

Offline lostsoundz

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:49:45 pm »
Hi

Thank you for replying to my message.

All i have done is replaced the Omusicpk3 and 0sndpk3 folders and replaced them with my own music and sound,ihave made no other modifications.
Im running this on a Mac and the os is Sierra ver 10.12.3.
I downloaded a build from this forum under the category OSX installers which was ufoai 2-5-dev-macosx-intel dmg
I have attached the events log to my reply.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Lostsoundz

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 07:06:33 pm »
What are the contents of the new *.pk3 files? I'm assuming the new music/sound files keep the exact same names as the originals, also I should have been clearer but the log we are looking for is the file named "ufoconsole.log"

Offline lostsoundz

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 06:45:10 pm »
Hi thank you again for your further reply.

I have managed to solve the issues regarding the music files which was a mix of slight bigger files and not using capitals on some names but thank you for your time.

If you have any interest in what i have done or would like to use any of my music or sounds then please feel free.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLLXXJ8g07MSlAweUIyZzQ1eEE/view?usp=sharing  although the original audio wise has been produced to a very high standard maybe it might be of some use.

Thank you for your time.

Lostsoundz

p.s. great game you guys have made by the way!

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 04:09:37 pm »
Case sensitive file system, not the first time it causes problems with a mod, glad you could solve the issue :)