Personal tools

Author Topic: thx  (Read 12848 times)

Offline Damyen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: thx
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 10:27:27 pm »
you'r idea would be very simple to implement
Ok, thanks! I'll keep this idea in mind whenever I am trying to use uforadiant (= not now).

Probably nothing, XVI does start spreading (I think) and there are some research projects about it, but neither have any gameplay effects at all AFAIK.
Ok. I asked because I never ever had XVI spreading. I first thought the reason was that I was playing very well :)... Hum, no. I just thought that doing every mission prevented XVI from spreading, and in every campaign I played, I expanded my radar cover very quickly (4 bases =  total cover of Earth).

Offline Norby

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2017, 01:01:28 pm »
hmm, when i use needlers, i got a lot of hits. Will this raise the points my soldiers get instead of taking them out with 1 shot of any other weapon?
I tested and burst fire is equivalent with a single hit in the term of skill improvement. Using snap shots more times in the same TU is better, up to 4 hits within the same skill in a mission. So worth to change weapon between different skill classes to improve health, speed and accuracy faster, rather than delivering more than 4 hits within the same skill.

I always use sidearms to enhance my skills when my team is in numeric superiority, which is happen more times in every missions. For example captured plasma pistols do very little damage to well armored enemies, so I can fire even 20 pistol shots (4-4 with 5 soliders) in the same turn against an armored Taman, who will survive these, then finish the job with the last few soliders using Laser Rifle single shots, where I like the low TU and good accuracy.

Sniper Rifle is also cool, I use infra goggles to take out enemy through walls, rather than rising a close surprise in buildings. Snapshot need much TU but as a compensation one hit is conuted as 1.5 into the improvement of accuracy skill. There is a ceil at about 11 hits in a mission, so ideally a solider should make: 4 close, 4 assault and 2 sniper skilled hits. In this case will receive the most hp, speed, accuracy and weapon skill points after each mission.

Unfortunately there are not enough enemies in the map for all soliders, this is why I always use sidearms to practice aiming. I upgraded Lazy HUD v2 with hit counters to help tracking which solider reached enough hits, then I save the remaining enemies to others. This way result the fastest skill improvements through the whole team.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:50:41 pm by Norby »

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 06:14:59 pm »
i meant, "if i use a emp rifle with instakill gets less experience points, than thaking the alien out wir 30-60 needler hits?"

Offline Norby

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 07:40:36 pm »
If the Ortnok isn't survive a single Short Burst then emp is a bit better due to give more into the accuracy where snpiers counted as 1.5 times than others. But if you must fire a second burst also then needler is better due to give 2 hits.

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 08:42:20 pm »
dont understand.

i meant to get the maximum skillpoints its better to use weapons, with low dmg and more hits?

Offline Norby

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 10:35:30 pm »
If you fire burst mode, only the first hit is count. You will get the same experience either you make a hit with pistol or you fire a burst with needler and at least one needle is hit the target. It is irrelevant how much bullet is in the burst, if one is hit, you will get the full xp, next bullets do damage only but no more xp.

The best for skills if you use weapons with low damage and low TU, where you can fire many snapshots. With burst-only weapons the best is the lowest mode which need less TU and do the lowest damage, giving more chance to open another fire to the same target (even with another solider) which mean another xp.

I like 7.62mm Pistol and Laser Pistol, these are need 4 TU only. If I have enough time in the turn then I fire at least one pistol snapshot before the main rifle shot to practice skills.

My other tactics is to fire 4 pistol shots right at the start of the mission, then just drop it to the ground. I will get it back at the end when all items will be gathered from the map. My soliders usually hold a pistol in the left hand right at start (save 2TU due to no need to take out), just one hold a Smoke Grenade.

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 04:53:41 pm »
My other tactics is to fire 4 pistol shots right at the start of the mission, then just drop it to the ground. I will get it back at the end when all items will be gathered from the map. My soliders usually hold a pistol in the left hand right at start (save 2TU due to no need to take out), just one hold a Smoke Grenade.

why u fire 4 pistol shots in the start? with a target or just in the space??

i got a smoke in every left hand of my soldiers, to save the time units for taking it out of holster.

Ah ok, each action will gain skill not the number of bullets.

is it good to have 6 2. lieutenants and 2 lieutenantsafter 38 missions in very hard mode?

br kc

Offline Norby

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 09:11:15 pm »
Of course I shot with pistol to an easy target. The goal is to improve skills which require to deliver hit. The 4 shots+drop need 17 TU which could fit right into the first turn, completing the possible practice in close skill.

Due to clearing the total hp of all enemies in the map need only 2-4 shots from each solider with the main weapons, the additional pistol usage give at least the half of my experience in accuracy, speed and health. In other words, these are grow at least 2 times faster since I use pistols also.

Offline kingchaos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 09:53:25 pm »
Good plan. Thx.