project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Compiling uforadiant  (Read 4038 times)

Offline quazgar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Compiling uforadiant
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:45:48 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on an ebuild (package script) for Gentoo, but fail to get uforadiant successfully installed.  For testing purposes I tried a local install, with the following setup:

• Got ufo-2.5-source and -data and unpacked the archives.
  • Configured with: ./configure --prefix=$HOME/.local/ufo-2.5
  • make install-uforadiant

Unfortuantely, starting uforadiant fails immediately with

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/XXX/.local/ufo-2.5/games/ufo//radiant/game.xml"

and a correspondig error dialog.  A few output lines before, it emits warnings that it can't find user.xml and the splash image:

**-WARNING **: image could not get loaded: '/home/XXX/.local/ufo-2.5/games/ufo//radiant/bitmaps/uforadiantsplash.png'.

Any idea what I might do to fix this? Adding some copy commands to some Makefile?

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Compiling uforadiant
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 12:01:38 am »
I don't know why radiant would need to be installable. It's the map editor, which is of use only for developers, and as such you are running executables from your checkout...

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:51:15 pm »
you can execute it directly from your git checkout. just start it by $checkout: ./radiant/uforadiant. It needs all the files that are in $checkout: ./radiant - so if there are some copy commands missing, please submit a pull request on github or attach a patch here.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 11:04:50 pm »
There is a bug in our install scripts: They don't install the radiant directory at all. I just updated Gentoo Bug#515660 with an ebuild that actually works (with the patches along with it).

-geever