project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: [map] A conservation/eco-museum map for obsolete models  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
[map] A conservation/eco-museum map for obsolete models
« on: October 10, 2015, 01:28:18 pm »
Hello,

If/when all the maps are made 2084-style&technology compliant, there should be a few never-to-use-again models left aside.
In such distant days, I doubt that even in the most poor land, a 20th century truck may still be operational.

However, one of the backwaters area map could become an "old tech" conservation site, and even feature an eco-museum about 20th century. It would be like a tribute to all the modelers who contributed the game maps.
It could feature a house, a outdoor park for rusty machines, and a cluttered wreckage nearby.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [map] A conservation/eco-museum map for obsolete models
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 03:52:59 pm »
Feel free to create high-tech models and maps around them.

-geever

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: [map] A conservation/eco-museum map for obsolete models
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 12:00:34 pm »
When I see the new maps (e.g. City High Rise), I feel like this is less a need in modelers, and more in old map converters: alright, you convinced me to fiddle one day with UFORadiant. If it's like the Morrowind TES Construction Set, I should understand how to replace a model by another one taken from some library. And this is definitively not the task of a skilled modeler working on the project on his free time.