project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Moving by one step  (Read 3906 times)

Offline roboman

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Moving by one step
« on: July 31, 2015, 07:37:15 pm »
Compiled after long time.
Very old bug: at start point( in ship) solders can't move out at both sides. There is only one curve for solders at back of the space ship bay.
Now. Why solders are moving by one step? It is very annoying to click several time.

And do not show me civilian's movings. Can they move at the same time concurrently? Fucking civilians.

P.S. Fallout Tactics rocks.

------- Loading game.so -------
not found at '/usr/local/lib/'
not found at '/home/user/.ufoai/2.6-dev/base'
found at './base'
Map info - map type: RMA
Map info - map name: +city3
Map info - assembly name: small_noufo
Map info - tiles used: -city3/c3_ +bld_abandoned +craft_drop_firebird +common_a +common +common +common_b +common +common +common +street_v_1 +street_v_1 +street_v_1 +common +street_v_1 +common +junction_w +common +street_v_1 +street_h_1 +common +street_h_1 +common +junction_s +subwaycam_h
Map info - tiles pos: -24 -8 0 0 8 0 -8 24 0 -16 24 0 -24 24 0 0 0 0 -8 -8 0 8 0 0 0 -8 0 24 8 0 24 16 0 24 24 0 16 0 0 24 0 0 8 -8 0 16 -16 0 16 -24 0 24 -24 0 8 -16 0 8 -24 0 0 -16 0 0 -24 0 -16 -24 0 -24 -24 0
Map info - tiles count: 24
Rerouted 796 cols for RMA in   1.0s
checksum for the map '+city3': 3831094965
ufo script checksum 2225757201
-------------------------------------
Connecting to localhost...
==== InitGame ====
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 94 (a c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 95 (a c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 96 (a c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 97 (a c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 98 (a c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 99 (a c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 100 (a c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 101 (b c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 102 (a c)
Spawned ai player for team 0 with entnum 103 (a c)
Created AI player (team 0)
Spawned ai player for team 7 with entnum 104 (HN/X 010.1100)
Spawned ai player for team 7 with entnum 105 (Ebnuzuk H Nhrokekk)
Spawned ai player for team 7 with entnum 106 (HN/Q 110.1100)
Spawned ai player for team 7 with entnum 107 (Rniuk Tkr Hruk)
Created AI player (team 7)
Used inventory slots after ai spawn: 0
connection attempt from loopback connection
load material file: 'materials/city3.mat'
World model: 26831 triangles
Planting grass ...
Total grassy area is       0 units (0 cells)
Planted 0 clumps of grass
Starting the game...
user has joined team 1
Music: track changed from karlmacklin_geoscape to PsymongO2.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:01:36 pm by roboman »

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Moving by one step
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:23:32 pm »
Why solders are moving by one step? It is very annoying to click several time.

That would be our toying with trying to add mission objectives (for both phalanx and aliens) to maps, will fix ASAP.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:37:01 pm »

Welcome back. What version was the last you played?

Very old bug: at start point( in ship) solders can't move out at both sides. There is only one curve for solders at back of the space ship bay.
Please update or recompile your maps. This problem was solved some days ago.

Now. Why solders are moving by one step? It is very annoying to click several time.
We are currently implementing mission targets, and making the Firebird dropship an alien target zone somehow introduced this. Also, while in this zone around the dropship you may not be able to fire a weapon. This will be oc be fixed.

And do not show me civilian's movings. Can they move at the same time concurrently? Fucking civilians.

There are no plans changing this. Sorry.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 04:56:33 pm »
I hadn't reported this bug, probably it's the same: On some of the new maps in 2.6 soldiers can hardly leave the dropship, they need to go round in kind of a circle through the firebird dropship until they can leave to the other side. I recall it happens/happened in the (German) "Stadtrand" map, the one that comes alternative to the "parking house" map. I don't recall the English names of those. You now start with the firebird landed on some kind of a concrete structure that you have to move down to eliminate all aliens, unless you can shoot all of them from the top of that thing right away which also sometimes works. Hope that's sufficient description.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 05:06:16 pm »
Also, while in this zone around the dropship you may not be able to fire a weapon. This will be oc be fixed.
I thought I had already fixed this? But then I didn't test it... I'll double check.

@anonymissimus: ShipIt will probably know the map, but you can open the game console (or look in ufoconsole.log) the map name, and in the case of RMA's the assembly name, are printed, this might be handy next time you find a map bug.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 08:53:39 pm »
I hadn't reported this bug, probably it's the same: On some of the new maps in 2.6 soldiers can hardly leave the dropship, they need to go round in kind of a circle through the firebird dropship until they can leave to the other side. I recall it happens/happened in the (German) "Stadtrand" map, the one that comes alternative to the "parking house" map. I don't recall the English names of those. You now start with the firebird landed on some kind of a concrete structure that you have to move down to eliminate all aliens, unless you can shoot all of them from the top of that thing right away which also sometimes works. Hope that's sufficient description.

Updating or recompiling the maps should solve the problem.

I thought I had already fixed this? But then I didn't test it... I'll double check.

I noticed this, but had not the time to check back since. So this might not be a problem anymore.