project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Horribly Broken Models (soldiers, aliens, trees, etc.)  (Read 1793 times)

Offline jfoevv820ueb

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Horribly Broken Models (soldiers, aliens, trees, etc.)
« on: May 30, 2015, 05:09:36 am »
Version: 2.5 (also 2.4, 2.3), launcher downloaded from http://ufoai.ninex.info/snapshots (and some other various places no longer in my history). Wasn't able to compile it on my own, something always went wrong with the software (probably because I have no idea what I'm doing LOL).

System specs: Macbook Pro 2012, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512Mb.

Issue: In the battles cape (and only the battlescape), anything that's not part of the map is a mess of appropriately-sized spikes. All aliens, soldiers, and civilians look almost exactly alike, aside from a slightly different colour. Trees, bushes, and most ships (dropship, damaged ufo) are also spikey messes. They also flicker. This is always the case, and although the game otherwise works totally fine and it's still fun to play despite this, I'd like for this to be fixed, if possible.

Probably the only way it changes gameplay is that it makes judging where soldiers need to go to shoot from behind certain obstacles excruciatingly difficult, and I can't tell what's facing what direction.

I couldn't find any reports of bugs like this, and seeing as how it's across all versions I've tried it's clearly an issue on my end.

Below are the screenshots I took (which hopefully exist).

Any advice is appreciated.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Horribly Broken Models (soldiers, aliens, trees, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 01:58:00 am »
Try playing around with the graphics settings, there are quite a number. In particular, make them less resource hungry. That helps here. Different artifacts, though. press r to get the radar window, showing into which direction units are looking.

Offline jfoevv820ueb

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Horribly Broken Models (soldiers, aliens, trees, etc.)
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 04:42:42 am »
After going through my graphics options for the eighth time, I finally found that GLSL shaders were causing the problem. Apparently I only turned them down instead of completely off. I feel like an idiot now :P

Thanks nonetheless :)