project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: My Let's Play UFO: Alien Invasion 2.5 Series  (Read 21340 times)

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: My Let's Play UFO: Alien Invasion 2.5 Series
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 06:32:23 pm »
*Sigh* I see goggle's policies are seriously messed up there...

Offline IMBACORE

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 05:00:27 am »
Wait are they claiming copyright on UFO:AI music?

The song in the image, (file base/music/van_geoscape.ogg in ufoai) was composed and produced  by Manuel Marino (aka Vanethian) it was released (along with the other van_*.ogg songs — which BTW include UFO:AI's theme song...) under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0, they have been part of the game since time immemorial, he recently (as in 2012) released them as part of his album 'Science Fiction Story' (Which I'm guessing is being distributed by Awal?), so yeah the song is free even if the version he released for his album has a different license... that said... well I don't know what to advise...

Thank you DarkRain. I very much appreciate the fact that one of the concerned members here is no other than the lead developer of this game. I've already refuted the claim. I hope they do investigate this case thoroughly before making any rash decisions about it. This project has been open source as far back as the first time I've played it more than half a decade or so ago. :(

In all future Let's Play UFO: Alien Invasion videos, I will have to turn off the background music (unless YouTube gives me the green light). It's a shame as Manuel Marino's music is awesome. I hope the guy will throw in his comments here so I can know what he things about this entire thing.

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 06:20:04 pm »
Well, that's a shame indeed, I just hope that goggle does the right thing here and you can sort this out without too much trouble...

Oh, BTW, I'm not the game's lead developer (that would be Mattn, even if he hasn't been around in a while) I just try to help wherever I can ;)

Offline IMBACORE

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 07:48:39 pm »
Well, that's a shame indeed, I just hope that goggle does the right thing here and you can sort this out without too much trouble...

Oh, BTW, I'm not the game's lead developer (that would be Mattn, even if he hasn't been around in a while) I just try to help wherever I can ;)

Oops I mentioned that you were to the YouTube people. It worked though. They must've figured out not to mess with a guy whose name is "DarkRain." :D

Seriously though, if any of you had a hand in resolving this, thanks! Now it's safe to make more UFO: Alien Invasion videos!  ;D

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 05:16:54 am »
They must've figured out not to mess with a guy whose name is "DarkRain." :D

He he he, now that would be something ;D

But I'm glad all is sorted out, and I'll look forward to your next videos :)

Offline weber5678

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 05:28:25 am »
Hi,

I'm new in this forum, but I play many time this game in the past years, thank for the french version by the way. I got a lot of fun with the 2.4, but I have one request for the 2.5, it will be funier if we can rapidily past to the next soldier in the equipment phase, like we could in the past, I know I can't program myself, but if we only could go up and down this will be relly appreciate.

Also, in tthe 2.5, when we crach a UFO and we go on the feild we find the alien aniwere not neer the crashed UFO.

And a little question, do I have to download the patch or this is automatly done?

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 09:14:34 am »
Google's policy is very annoying.

It would be nice if we could NOT have to use google and get handicapped by companies restricting access to content but the opposite is happening - see W3C adopting DRM into their "open" standard.

Offline pe9298

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 03:31:49 pm »
Hey guys, why the silence?

I'm about to restart my half played 2.5 game.

What about you all?

Offline shevegen

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 03:16:50 pm »
> why the silence?

I think the project may have lost a little bit of momentum - guess it may take a while
before it can pick up. I have noticed that in regards to other phpbb webforum; some
of it is because some people switched to discourse, but facebook also "stole" a lot
of activity here.

> What about you all?

I may eventually play UFO AI again after several years but it depends a lot on
the time that I have available. Presently I can not too easily commit time into
playing, due to various reallife constraints.