project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Cannot use/extract Alien Material in Simple Campaign  (Read 5299 times)

Offline raoniguerra

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Cannot use/extract Alien Material in Simple Campaign
« on: January 10, 2013, 05:00:24 pm »
Dear All,
First of all, congratulations for the fantastic game this community is putting together. It has really taken me back to the 1990s and beyond.
I'm playing UFOAI 2.4 for MAC in the Simple Campaign version. At this moment the game is in 9th December 2084. My man have made almost 50 operations with landed UFOs but my UFO Silos still empty. Most importantly, I'm not able to find and use Alien Material to create, for instance, Coilguns.
Thus I was wondering if this was a bug related to this version of the game, or something built-in the normal progression of the game.
Best regards,
Raoni

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot use/extract Alien Material in Simple Campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:21:39 pm »
To get alien materials you need to store a captured ufo in your ufo yard, research it and then disassemble it.

You have built a ufo yard (ufo silo?), and after a tactical mission when the game asks if you want to sell the ufo, you have chosen to not sell but instead store the ufo - but you still don't have any ufo's in your ufo yard, is this correct?

Offline raoniguerra

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:00:07 pm »
Sorry, by UFO silo I meant yard.
Yes, I've built an Yard but in the simple campaign mode the game never asks whether I would like to sell or keep an UFO. Therefore my yard is constantly empty.
Any ideas? Is there any way I can transform my simple campaign into the full campaign to get out this (apparent) bug (see save attached)?

Offline raoniguerra

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:51:36 pm »
thanks for the reply... but now I've spent lots of time making a "perfect" campaign that will lead me nowhere :-(