project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Restyling Mesh&Texture Firebirb  (Read 28462 times)

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Restyling Mesh&Texture Firebirb
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »
*Which* christmas holiday ?

Offline kOba

• Project Artist
  • Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 04:39:03 pm »
IT ;)
Per tutta la vita festeggerò il natale, no scusate tutti ma ho avuto altri impegni che non terminano e c'è anche il fatto che l'amico che mi prestava la stazione di lavoro è emigrato in Irlanda e non ho più ha disposizione le applicazioni ho provato con altre ma non mi ci trovo. In compenso ho deciso di lasciare il lavoro ha qualcun altro, metterò On-line tutto il lavoro, con licenza creative commons, così chi vorrà riprendere il lavoro, potrà farlo così almeno non verrà gettato.
Quale server on-line senza registrazione mi consigliate?

Eng with Google translator, sorry ::)
All my life I will celebrate Christmas, no sorry all but I had other commitments that do not end and there is also the fact that the friend who lent me the workstation emigrated to Ireland and I no longer have available applications I tried with others but I do not find it there. In return, I decided to let someone else have the job, and put on-line all the work, with a creative commons license, so those who want to return to work, you can do so at least will not be thrown.
Which server online without registration you advise me?

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 10:18:44 pm »
How much space do you need ?

Offline kOba

• Project Artist
  • Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 08:31:27 am »
about 100 MB

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 11:24:04 pm »
KOba, plz hold the line.
I still haven't got through to our host :(

Offline kOba

• Project Artist
  • Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2014, 10:18:00 pm »
Sorry, I am not clear what you mean? ???

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 01:26:35 am »
'hold the line' is nearly the same as 'stay tuned', meaning:
Please wait until we found a place for the 100MB.

Offline kOba

• Project Artist
  • Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2014, 01:43:05 pm »
Ah ok, I'll stay tuned then.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 03:09:14 pm »
I may be of some assistance here, I have my own website, and although I haven't uploaded anything to it in a long time I believe it is still there (My web hosting service does have inactivity policies in extreme cases, but I've still been getting billed for the site, so I'm *guessing* it is still there...)

In the past I've been able to set aside upload space on the server for my site, for files used in projects, and I've had other people upload stuff to folders there before.  Assuming I can set this up again within a few days without issues, I could set up a folder for the files if you just need a temporary spot to upload all the stuff.  The web interface for the web hosting pages are likely all different now, but it should be do-able within a day or two.

The host I have uses a server based in the United States, hopefully that won't be an issue.  (It's with Yahoo web hosting, and they're a big company with international branches, so I would think it would still work.)

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2014, 07:59:29 pm »
OK, I checked my website and yes, the account is still active and working.

If you still need a place to upload stuff, just do the following:

- Send me a PM with:
    -- A log-in name of your choice (can be almost anything)
    -- Whatever password you want to use (can also be almost anything)
- Wait for me to set up the upload folder on my site with the login and password you chose (I check email several times a day, and it only takes a few minutes to set this up)
- Upload all the files you have for the project that you think are relevant and want to share via secure FTP (can be done via nearly any modern FTP client, such as FileZilla, etc.)
- If you need help with exact settings for whatever FTP client you use, just PM me (and let me know what program you are using), and I can provide exactly what info to type into various fields on the option screen(s) for your client.

After this is all done I will make sure all the uploaded files are available to the project and other devs here.

I'd also suggest picking a compatible license for your work, preferably a rather liberal one without too many restrictions.

BTW, please also make sure Duke and/or Mattn has info on exactly what name you want your work credited under (either your real name or whatever you want to be known for as the creator of all the content).  You could also include this in the PM you send me with your chosen login and password, and I would then pass it along.

Any questions or technical issues uploading to my site, send me a PM please.

The server for my website, under my account plan, doesn't really have any special limit on file sizes or how much you can upload, so 100MB or so should be no problem at all.

EDIT:  If you need help choosing a free FTP client, you can ask openly in a reply here in the forum, and many of us can point you in the right direction.  (We will need to know what platform / OS version you are using.)  Some of the programs that will do this also come in a "portable" form, so you don't have to actually install anything, just download the program and run it out of the folder, and then once all is done you can delete the downloaded program (In case you don't like to have to install / uninstall a program you don't plan on using again).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:05:27 pm by Destructavator »

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »
mattn, now that you're around again,
any idea what we can do here ?

Offline kOba

• Project Artist
  • Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 06:30:44 am »
At this point I could make a web page with 100 megs, I think it is better to move files from one place to another. Thanks anyway, I had not even thought about it ... Ok stay on hold, I'll be in touch soon.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 01:54:55 pm »
If kOba could get some space on his own, then we only need the url - otherwise Dave should maybe get in touch with K0ba and offer him some upload login data for ftp or whatever you prefer. After that we could add it to our datasource web dir.

But judging from k0ba's latest statement he now has webspace where he is uploading stuff (if I haven't misunderstood)

Offline Destructavator

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 04:28:28 pm »
OK, I'm fine with whatever kOba wants to do here.

@kOba:  If at any time you change your mind and want to upload it to a folder on my own site via FTP, that option will still be available, just send me a PM with whatever login info you want.

For reference, my own site does not have limits on space or data transfer, and does not require advertisements.

Side note:  I should probably put this in a different topic thread (a sticky?), but does anyone else need a place to upload stuff for UFO AI?

Offline cevaralien

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »
What happened to this work? It looks promising!