project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: bolter rifle makes multiple shots with aimed fire  (Read 38270 times)

marc

bolter rifle makes multiple shots with aimed fire
« on: August 22, 2011, 01:56:21 pm »
I've been seeing this bug consistently upon using the bolter rifle, where when using 'aimed shot' it will sometimes make two or even three shots, yet only one ammo is expended.  If any shot hits there are no more made (i.e. if the first misses then the second shot hits the third one doesn't fire; you can only score one hit with this bug afaik, but i've never had a missed shot hit a different target, so don't know what happens there).  It does seem that any shot that makes it through a wall yet misses causes another shot to be made until either there's a hit or the shot does not go through a wall, with a maximum of three shots per 'aimed shot'.  I haven't tried this with 'snap shot'. 

Offline pct

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: bolter rifle makes multiple shots with aimed fire
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 06:55:11 pm »
I have same problem, but only with a electromagnetic rifles (is it proper name in english version?), plasma and conventional weapons (others i'm not researched yet) working normally.

marc

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 10:01:43 am »
pct, the bolter rifle is the name given to the electromagnetic rifle (railgun, not coilgun, which is apparently another EM weapon also present in the game) by the weapons development group (in the English version at least).  It's a weird bug, and although it usually works out to my favor (up to three shot attempts with the relatively accurate 'aimed shot'), I hope it is found and fixed.  Many players dislike the EM rifle, but I find it to be a decent replacement for the sniper rifle.  The two wall penetration ability is pretty awesome, especially through floors/ceilings (three-round burst here is deadly close range).

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 11:30:46 am »
I can confirm that this Bug still appears in 2.4 Dev. I dont know if someone already tried to fix it.

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 02:36:39 am »
Hi. I´m playing the 2.4 final release, and i found this "bug" again. This is the regular function of the bolter?

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 07:59:42 am »
didn't sniper rifles used to do that in 2.3? same bug?

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:37:09 am »
didn't sniper rifles used to do that in 2.3? same bug?

It was. The bug is already fixed. Should not happen in 2.5-dev anymore.

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 03:10:56 pm »
Sorry, but is fixed on 2.4 windows release?, because i have this "problem" on this version.