I had a lot of issues getting this game to work properly, all of which were eventually traced back to PEBKAC, and now that I've gotten things going I've played a while and formulated a list of questions about the game in general.
1. What happened to the incendiary grenade, flashbang, and smoke grenade? They were in earlier versions, and in 2.2 flashbangs were actually an integral part of my strategy, but in this version they seem to have inexplicably disappeared.
2. Is it just me, or is research substantially slower in this version than in previous versions? I play on Normal at all times, and researching on this difficulty really does seem like it takes longer to complete the same projects with the same amount of scientists than it did in 2.2.
3. Is there a way for me to add more names to the pool from which employee names are selected?
4. What parameters have to be fulfilled before equipment you research becomes purchasable on the open market without you having to manufacture it yourself? I know that, for example, DF Cartridges eventually become buyable but am not quite clear on what has to be done before this happens.
5. Is there a way for a soldier to use an equipped medkit on themselves?
6. Is the 8-soldiers-on-the-map-at-a-time limit hardcoded? Is it possible to mod in dropships with a higher capacity, or use more than eight soldiers at a time during base defense missions?