project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: ufo resource question  (Read 3509 times)

cmdrquan

ufo resource question
« on: February 21, 2008, 02:52:36 pm »
I am working on making name generation region specific. I have a rough implementation done and am now tweaking the team_*.ufo files to test it. It does not seem to be pulling the ufo I edited. Is there a config setting to specify to find the scripts?

All my edits are in where I've downloaded /trunk. The console logging indicates my code changes are correctly in the executable I built.

I do have ufo-2.2 installed, are the ufos from there being read instead of ...my_trunk.../base/ufo? I'm also on windows (vista).

Thanks,
John

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: ufo resource question
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 04:16:43 pm »
make sure you don't have the pk3 files from 2.2 in your trunk folder - you can perfectly work with several versions besides each other

Offline eleazar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 01:55:53 am »
cool.

i presume you've seen from this thread that we're gathering lists of names from varying backgrounds?

cmdrquan

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 04:32:33 pm »
...I have now ;) I'll continue my discussion there. Thanks.

As for this thread, I was stupid and didn't realize the extent of the scripts. I had trimmed down the names for 'team human' but didn't realize there was a 'team human_scientist', etc. as well.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 09:05:29 am »
i've seen your patch - thanks for the work. but please don't give us the full files, but only the diffs